Tom Platz is a retired professional bodybuilder from America. Thomas-Tom is a bodybuilding expert, motivational speaker, and well-known for competing in Mr Olympia during his youth period.Well, wanna know Tom Platz Net Worth, here we have provided the complete analysis of his net worth.
Aside from his professional bodybuilding career, he took up a teaching career and is the author of numerous books on bodybuilding. Tom Platz has also starred in several movies. Thus, Tom is a complete package of skills of acting, bodybuilding, teaching, and motivating.
Tom Platz was born in Oklahoma, the USA on 26th June 1955. The former professional bodybuilder is also known as Golden Eagle, Quadzilla, and Quad Father. He caught the bug of fitness/bodybuilding at a very young age.
At the age of 9, only he started working out in the basement of his house with his father. His father used to read workouts for him whilst his younger siblings were keeping a count on his repetitions. At the age of 11, he decided that he wanted to be Mr Universe. Tom left home when he was 15 years old.
After completing his matriculation he completely focused on his bodybuilding career. Tom has a degree in fitness science.
Career Of Tom Platz
Tom started his career as a trainer at the European health spa-Gym. He got the opportunity of trainer because of his big chest and back. His excitement of weight training and exercise motivated others to join the gym- at the place where he was working.
Tom learned about the importance of strong legs from the experienced person of the gym. He started working out on his legs and for the same, he later became worldwide famous for.
He took his passion into a profession in 1973, when he first competed in Mr Adonis Competition. In 1978, he won the World Amateur Championships, middleweight division. Tom took participation in Mr Olympia several times but due to hard luck, he could not pull out the winner trophy.
Tom Platz Net Worth
Through his lifetime dedication and passion for bodybuilding have helped him in having a net worth of 14 Million. Tom Platz Net Worth is 14 million due to many contributory factors. The contributory factors are Bodybuilding, motivational speaker, teaching stream, and filmography.
Due to his esteemed net worth, he is one of the richest retired bodybuilders. His engagement in films and being an author has also helped him in building a handsome amount on his name.
He has social media gatherings and is very active on social platforms. His gathering and influence on youth are also contributory factors to his present net worth. Tom has a passive income of Social media presence.
Tom Platz’s Film Career
Like any other athlete, Tom’s journey of bodybuilding had to end. Tom retired from his sports career in 1987 and began to act in films. His strong body and muscles helped him in getting film roles.
Although he made his debut in the movie in the year 1980, while he was still associated with the bodybuilding profession. In 1980, he made an appearance in a movie named “The Comeback”.
He made his first appearance in filmography in the movie, after his retirement “Twins” in the year 1988, followed by “Book of Love”, “Flex… Body Love”, “8 Heads in a Duffel Bag”, “Who killed Johnny Love”? And many more. Most of his movies were based on his profession of bodybuilding.
Tom Platz Career as Author
Tom Platz had weak legs during his early childhood but later on, emerged as one of the strongest athletes with strong legs. He has shared his journey of bodybuilding and tricks of bodybuilding in his book Pro-Style Bodybuilding.
He has co-author Bill Reynolds for his book. He published his book in the year 1985 and has shared his inspirational journey of bodybuilding.
Highlights of Tom Platz Career
- Tom had a dream of winning Mr Olympia but even after hard work he could never come in the first place and ended at different places from 3rd to 8th.
- During his early childhood, he was under impression that building legs would hurt his back, and earlier, he never focused on working on his legs.
- He has taken participated in many competitions has various achievements in his name.
- Although he has retired from professional bodybuilding, he is still inspiring people who want to become bodybuilders. Through motivation and sharing his exercises, he is helping people to become strong bodybuilders.
- Tom never shared his tricks of a healthy diet and muscular exercises until he left professional bodybuilding. He always used to trick his mind into performing more exercises than he could.
- At an early age, he has a role model- Dave Draper. Tom decided to follow Dave’s path and he wanted iron-like muscles as Dave had. Apart from Dave, his dream of being Mr Olympia also pushed him in being one of the greatest athletes.
- Some of his favourite exercises include; Squats, hack squats, leg extensions, and lying leg curls. His exercises mostly focus on legs and hence he is termed an athlete with strong legs.
- Since he is a retired person, he enjoys his spare time travelling and improving the lives of endangered species. Being a sportsperson he is also a nerd about fast cars.
- He became a professor and later on Director of Bodybuilding Science.
Personal Life of Tom Platz
Tom Platz is happily married to Cha Nikito-Platz. The couple got married in the year 2000. The couple met with each other in Gym itself in Detroit.
The couple likes to travel around the globe. They have already visited Europe and planning to do the same.
In his early life, rumour has it is that he has dated many women during his high school. Tom has never publically accepted this allegation and has never been open about it. Well, that will be the common answer we get when we start digging into the personal life of popular celebrities.
Tom Platz Net Worth is 14 Million. His consistency and persistence towards his goals have helped him in gathering a huge amount of 14 Million. Tom is one of the strongest athletes with strong legs and muscles.
Even after retirement, he has not stopped and has continued to motivate others in achieving their bodybuilding goals.