Recumbent Exercise Bike Benefits and Comparison with Upright Bikes
When we talk about indoor cycling then recumbent exercise bikes are one of the best option out there for your indoor exercise activities. These bikes are in the market for a long time and considered to be a better option and advantage over upright exercise bikes. Probably because of the structure they have which gives the rider a better posture to exercise for a longer period without having much trouble.
While you might find some riders considering the Upright bikes a better option. So in this guide we’re first going to have a quick comparison of
- Recumbent Exercise Bikes
- Upright Exercise Bikes
To guide you towards the best exercise bike or in other words let you decide which one fits your needs the best.
Recumbent and Upright Bikes Comparison
Upright Exercise Bikes
Upright exercise bikes are usually smaller than the recumbent exercise bikes. While riding an Upright bike the rider needs to keep his back as straight as possible, which if done for a longer period can cause back pain. Both the bikes do help you get your goals, but the question is, which one maintains a higher comfort level. As far as comfort is concerned, Upright bike riders can experience pain in hands or wrists because of the stress put on these parts to keep the body on the bike. If you have fatty buttock and want to burn fat, the Upright exercise bike would only benefit you if you stand while cycling.
Recumbent Exercise Bikes
Recumbent bikes allow the rider to exercise while being more horizontal, as its pedals are on the same height as the seat and are out in front of the rider. This would provide a great support for your back. People who have back, shoulder or neck pain or have trouble riding the Upright bikes for too long, or just want a much relaxing and comfortable experience can choose these bikes for them.
Recumbent Exercise Bikes Benefits
- Recumbent bikes are more safe than other exercise bikes as you have to lay near to the ground horizontally as you paddle, which gives your back more support. Many people with back, shoulder or neck pain would find recumbent bikes to be the perfect solution.
- Recumbent bikes are structured in a way to form a posture that would suite even the most sedentary person and would find it easy to keep up with his workout schedule until he reaches his fitness goals. Easy workout can be fun laying on your back listening to your favorite music while your eyes closed on a recumbent bike.
- Recumbent bikes are best for people who want a lower body workout. Many men workout to give their upper body a good shape, but it makes no sense when you’ve got six packs, an attractive chest but weak and slim legs.
- Their best for people having fatty buttock. The exercise directly effects the glute muscles of the buttocks which makes this bike effective to burn buttock fat. You can only get this benefit in Upright bikes when you’re standing up.
- Because the posture puts less stress on the knees and hips of the rider, these bikes can also be used by arthritis patients.
Must Have Features in a Recumbent Bike
High Comfort Level
Recumbent bikes are viral because of the comfort level they maintain. So before buying one make sure it has that feature. The seats are the most important part of a recumbent bike. Make sure if the seat is big enough to support your back so that in future you can maintain your workout.
This is one of the most important features an exercise bike should have. It should give you the control to change the resistance of the pedals. With that authority, you can easily have an intense or light workout whenever you want.
Different bikes come with weight capacities. Make sure the one you’re buying supports your weight before buying it.
As everything in this rapidly growing world is growing smart like the smartphones or smart T.V’s, the latest exercise bikes do comes with some smart features that can prove handy while you workout. These features can include the Heart rate monitor, reports about your fitness goals, the distance covered and calorie burn meter.
Some of the Best Recumbent Exercise Bikes available at Amazon
1- Exerpeutic 900XL Extended Capacity Recumbent Bike with Pulse
On top of the list I have the Exerpeutic 900XL which is the top seller on Amazon in recumbent bikes. The best thing about this bike is that even with so many features this bike comes in with a really trusted and affordable rate.
- Heart Rate Sensor
- Eight Level Magnetic Tension Resistance Control
- 3 Year Warranty
- Weight Capacity Up To 300 lbs…for more specification visit online stores like Amazon, Ebay etc.
2- Schwinn 270 Recumbent Bike
Schwinn 270 is the latest and best recumbent bike from Schwinn having the most features than any of the bikes released before. The Schwinn 270 has a high price tag with features you’ll probably not find in any other bike.
- 29 programs, 4 user settings and goal tracking are all there to keep you motivated and challenged
- 25 levels of adjustable resistance made to work smooth and quieter.
- A maximum user capacity of 300 lbs
- Thick padded contoured seat bottom and large vented back
- 10 Year Frame Warranty…for more information please visit Schwinn 270 Recumbent Bike website or visit online stores like Amazon, Ebay etc.
3- Schwinn 230 Recumbent Bike
Schwinn is an American developed brand having a history of developing products for healthy and active lifestyles. The Schwinn 230 can be taken as a mid-range exercise bike with many things to offer.
- Schwinn Connect helps you track your fitness goals
- 20 Level of Controllable Resistance
- 3 Speed Fans to Keep You Cool while you workout
- Weight Capacity up to 300 lbs
- 10 Year Frame Warranty…for more information please visit Schwinn 230 Recumbent Bikepage on Ebay, Amazon etc.
The improvement in technology has brought in a remarkable transformation of the bicycle types. It is amazing to see how the recumbent bikes help the body get necessary exercise without getting into pain and stress. It is natural for the bones to weaken down with time as we get older. While exercising is important, keeping your bones safe from pain is too an essential aspect of the ‘body. There arc a lot of brands you can consider when looking out for a recumbent bike: One of the popular recumbent bike is the Schwinn 270 recumbent bike. These are designed keeping in mind the health concerns as well as the pocket of a person.