Patients continue to reap the rewards of technological advancements that allow them to see their doctors virtually at home. The convenience of not having to commute for medical visits without sacrificing quality healthcare is still possible. In addition, patients can now use virtual waiting rooms as they wait for their doctors during online and physical sessions. Due to the continued necessity for individuals to maintain social distance, this aids them even more.
That said, here are more advantages of having virtual waiting rooms at your clinic.
1. Promotes Contactless Patient Registration
You are doing it in an online environment when you wait in a virtual waiting room. This is an alternative to prevent patients with contagious diseases from being in the same room where direct contact with other patients is possible. This way, you may eliminate the risk of infecting other patients in a physical clinic.
However, there is nothing safer than to continue meeting your doctors virtually. Physicians and specialists can use a remote process for patient registration, such as providing digital forms and chatbots for communication. Health professionals can collect the information they need in virtual waiting rooms and offer patients medical assistance without requiring physical contact.
2. Better Service Customization
According to a renowned software company study, 84% of customers desired to be regarded as individuals rather than as numbers. The research indicates that it’s common for customers to wait in lengthy lines at supermarkets, banks, and hospitals.
Clinics and hospitals must ensure the comfort of their patients. By asking questions to patients before they enter the virtual waiting room, healthcare workers may better assist them. Thus, they can deliver individualized assistance for each virtual visit. They can inquire about the individual’s preferred pronouns and terminology. They can even determine whether the patient can communicate with a specific gender. You can match patients with a particular staff before reaching the front line.
3. Make Use Of Communication Features
This part of the waiting room will depend on your practice’s platform to receive patients virtually. A virtual waiting room is not only for welcoming patients but also for sending notifications to your patients, such as reminders about their appointment. If you’re yet to employ virtual waiting rooms, explore the platform you’re using to see how you can create a better patient experience using other communication features.
4. Creates A Patient-Friendly Space
Immunocompromised patients are particularly vulnerable to the spread of disease in waiting rooms at medical facilities. Whether a child is a patient, their parents or guardians must accompany them to all appointments. Since to stave off boredom, young children often resort to touching objects.
Several factors are inevitable and over which you have no control. No matter how well designed, hospitals and clinics can only sometimes accommodate every possible type of patient. Patients can wait for their appointments in the comfort of their cars, avoiding any potential risks. As a result, fewer individuals will wait in line at the clinic and have no chance of anyone contracting a disease.
5. Provides Privacy And Security
For those who require the utmost discretion, additional spaces are required beyond the standard waiting rooms. A few people belong to this group because they want to receive treatment in a private area apart from the rest of the clinic. Virtual meeting rooms are practical since security issues are reduced by attendees’ need to fill out registration forms. Healthcare providers are also utilizing Health Insurance Probability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) compliant technology using video conferencing services that the government agency has approved to protect sensitive medical information.
6. Automates Processes
Traditional patient appointment procedures put your employees in danger by necessitating in-person meetings with patients.
On the other hand, when you’re utilizing virtual waiting rooms, their processes become automated, allowing your staff to automate menial tasks such as overseeing registrations and sending reminders or notifications. You can also create digital forms and have individuals fill them out digitally.
There’s also no need to keep creating customized text messages to send. A few of these systems have editable templates that may be populated with individual patients’ information. The same prompts are also used to help direct the patients through the procedure.
Furthermore, virtual waiting rooms allow you to set up ways for your patients to seek support. They can text the word ‘HELP’ to the contact number you provide so the staff can call them back. By eliminating the need for human intervention, which might introduce error, process automation can significantly improve the quality of patient registration by preserving data already present in the medical record.
7. Reduces Missed Appointments
When employees cannot make it to their scheduled appointments, it can add to the stress level in the office and disrupt productivity. It’s a common occurrence in any waiting area. Many patients are late for their scheduled appointments due to difficulties getting there. Some even forget that they have appointments that day. Automated processes are the key to solving these issues. Virtual waiting rooms allow people to stay in the comfort of their homes by logging into virtual waiting rooms. If there are any urgent health problems, patients can now speak with their doctors without making an emergency trip, rushing, or being late.
How To Set Up A Virtual Waiting Room
There is currently no standard procedure for developing an online waiting room. You can either look for healthcare-specific platforms or pick a communication method that you’re comfortable with and that your patients will prefer using. Here are steps on how you can set up a virtual waiting room:
- Create a link to a message channel you want to use as a virtual waiting room. Then send it to your patient with the link and a reminder of the date and schedule. Some platforms allow integration with other programs, such as productivity software.
- Set up a pre-registration digital form that patients can fill out with their names and medical information. You can ask your patients to answer the form with the appointment reminder. Platforms allow you to share registration forms even while on the call. You or your staff can even attach the file with a text message or via the patient portal.
- After submitting the pre-registration form, it is crucial to double-check and validate the data. The staff member is responsible for starting this process and checking for any additional information the patient needs. It’s also a chance to digitally implement electronic check-in and start digitally screening for contagious diseases. It’ll be easier for the person to arrange admissions if they can be sorted into categories. This will aid in the upkeep of safety protocols, ensuring the well-being of both employees and patients.
- The staff must ensure that everything is double-checked in case the medical practitioner requests any relevant documents for more background information. Doing so allows the patient to quickly and easily review all pertinent paperwork without wasting time searching for it. The medical team can add the patient to the virtual waiting room queue after confirmation.
- Platforms ideal for secure video conferencing may also have text and phone call features. They provide additional ways for app-based patient interaction. It’s easier to notify patients once they meet their doctor through a telehealth appointment. They can immediately start the video conferencing immediately using the same window.
Implement The Best Practices
When choosing a platform, ensure that you’re using one that can streamline the appointment process. A software solution must be able to empower and optimize your virtual waiting room. First and foremost, since you and your patient will tackle health information, the platform must be HIPAA-compliant because it will ensure the safety of patient information. Remember that patients can no longer have faith in the facility when confidential information is compromised.
Furthermore, a HIPAA-compliant platform is optimized for mobile devices and desktop computers. It must also be user-friendly for individuals who may find it difficult to use technology. They also need to be able to easily navigate the platform in order to feel comfortable using it.In addition, browser-based software makes it easier as they don’t need to download it to their phones.
You can save time and effort by using a virtual waiting room to streamline procedures and determine which patients don’t need to visit the clinic for further examination.Nowadays, many online resources provide users with digital calendars, email, and other means of keeping in touch with one another. They should also be easy for patients to use.
A virtual waiting room for your clinic benefits you, the staff, and your patients. For one, they don’t have to drop by the clinic to wait. You can send them forms that they could answer along with a message reminder about the appointment. Moreover, the patients can also meet their appointments and relay information remotely to their doctors if they have any. A virtual waiting room allows you to mitigate risks since the clinic itself could be hazardous for children. Setting up one for your clinic should not take too long and it can be used immediately for everyone’s convenience.
You must be logged in to post a comment.