Gel Nails vs Acrylic Nails: The biggest question is to choose between fake nails either to go with Gel nails or Acrylic nails! So you are having difficulty in choosing what type of fake nails will look better on your nails whether gel nails or acrylic nails? We all love nail extension as they are the sensation of today’s world. It enhances your beauty and makes you look presentable.
So what types of nails are good for you and which one is affordable? Which are harmful? Which will enhance your beauty? So many questions running in your mind but every question has one solution and that is to read this article wholeheartedly. So here I will be telling my precious readers about which nails are better: Gel nails or acrylic nails?
So what are Gel nails? Gel nails are made by brushing a base coat on nails and then applying nail polish as a topcoat over your natural nails and finally the nail is placed under UV LIGHT approximately for two minutes and the process ends with the application of moisturizer or cuticle oil which ensures nourishment to the nail cuticle.
What are Gel nails made of?
Simple it is normally made from monomer gel and pre-mixed polymer. Do you know there are two main types of gel nails – soft gel nails and hard gel nails!- From which you can pick your best.
Which is better hard gel or soft gel?
Hard gel is lightweight and mainly used for nail extension and can be removed only by filling off! While the soft gel is heavier and thicker. They are used to enhance strength to weaker nails. They can be used on top of hard gel. The soft gel lasts a maximum of four weeks.
Do you know the most important difference between hard gel and soft gel? If you have guessed colors then; yes! You are correct about colors. The hard gel normally comes with pink and white color while soft gel has a variety of color.
The weakest gel is the polished gel and it is the most flexible nail gel. It only works as a nail reinforcement and lasts up to two weeks. It is applied on hard nail gels as well as soft nail gels and also works on natural as well as artificial nails. So hard Gels is the winner in hard gel nails vs acrylic combat.
Enough of these gel nails, now let’s move on to acrylic nails! Acrylic nails are made of a mixture of a liquid monomer and a powder polymer which builds a hard protective layer over natural nails. It solidifies after being exposed to the air. As Acrylic is transparent, so nail polish is applied after.
Gel nails vs acrylic nails
Now you know what is gel nails and acrylic nails. So here let’s talk about the difference between them.
Price of Gel Nails vs Acrylic
Gel nails are costlier than acrylic nails. So the first thing you would prefer is to go for acyclic nails because of the price. You want to go for acrylic nails because they are cheaper? Well, gel nails are costlier because they offer extra benefits over acrylic nails.
How Gel nails are better than acrylic nails?
Acrylic nails are known to emit unpleasant odor due to the application of chemicals. Acrylic nails are strong and fragile. They are very difficult to remove without hurting the nail bed while gel nails are odourless, flexible and are easy to remove.
Benefits of gel nails!
- Gel nails can be used by people who are allergic to acrylic
- Gel nails retain their shine for a long time.
- You can have Longer and stronger nails.
- Lightweight nail tips are added advantage.
- An easier and quicker removal process of gel nails make it even better.
- Gel nails are Safer and healthier than acrylic nails.
Let me throw light on the major difference and similarities between acrylic and gel nails so that you can choose wisely.
Gel nails vs acrylic nails difference:
Acrylic nails look less natural while gel nails look Natural and remain glossy for up to 14 days. They are generally inexpensive than gel nail application. Acrylic nails last longer than gel nails. Acrylic nails are hard and very strong.
- Both acrylic and gel nails frequently require professional help for better results.
- Overuse and incorrect application Of acrylic nails or gel nails damage the nail bed.
So now you have decided what is good for you gel nails or acrylic nails but wait consider more points before deciding what is good for you?
Which is better hard gel nail or acrylic nail?
As we have discussed above hard gel, we know what hard gel and how it is applied! But why hard gel nail over acrylic nails? Gel nails are also enhancement like acrylic nails. They also act as a nail extension just like acrylic nails. The only difference between them is that hard gel needs UV rays for hardening and acrylic nails hardened when they are exposed to the air.
Why most people prefer hard gel nails over acrylic nails?
- Hard gels have a shiny top coat and cures in 30 seconds. It is long-lasting and filing is faster and easier hard gel is less likely to cause allergies as it is hypoallergenic.
- Hard gel is more adjustable and tougher than acrylic. You can wear nail polish to have a very realistic look.
- Gel full set vs acyclic has a winner of gel as with gel you will have; no damaging nail, no strong fumes. Gel has Better adhesion, Bonder is acid-free, and Bonder hides lift lines and fill lines.
- Someone who loves using acrylic nails may feel that hard gel is softer, but that is not authentic. The hard gel can withstand greater pressure and is less likely to break or crack than acrylic is while acrylic can damage your nails if not removed properly.
- If you cannot maintain a regular infill appointment then don’t go for acrylic nails because the nails will start to lift and there will an accumulation of dirt which can cause fungal or bacterial infection.
- Acrylic nails as we now possess a strong chemical odor and are difficult to master. Most people are allergic to acrylic nails.
Between the gel nails and acrylic nails- The answer lies with your preference but in my opinion Gel nails, are better than acrylic nails. Gel nails are not as harmful as acrylic nails are. Also, Gel nails come in a variety of colors. Gel nails have more advantages than acrylic.