The fitness rage is on and more people are searching for the quickest and most efficient way to get into shape. The fitness path is lined with many routines and can be quite challenging especially when you are searching for the best workout routines for beginners.
If you are a beginner and in need of a fitness program that will work for you, here are a few simple rules to help you meet your goals. These rules will help you build body strength, burn calories and provide you with all the necessary tools to help you stay fit.
1. Commit to making the gym a habit
Creating a routine is the most the full-proof way to start any program. If your goal is to hit the gym three times per week, then just telling yourself that is never going to work. Make it effective by preparing from overnight. Lay your clothes out, your shoes and any other item you will need, put them where you can see them first thing in the morning. By creating cues, you are reminding yourself of what you need to do. These cues will help you develop a routine that will get you started.
2. Maintain a consistent training schedule
It is a fact that there are many weightlifting principles out there. Thousands of people vary in terms of their needs, goals, experiences, injury histories and their access to equipment. Therefore, what works for one individual will not necessarily work exactly the same way with another.
The strength coach will tell you that the best way to start a work out is by using compound lifts. Regardless of where you’ll find yourself in the future, a full-body strength procedure is much better than hypertrophy programs, alleged fat-loss programs, programs that increase inches to your upright jump or the ones that tell you that you will become a superhero in two months. Do you want to know which program will work best for you? The truth is you have to be consistent with the one you are using.
3. Build on the basics
It’s no use you begin training and can’t follow through with a minimum of five flawless pull-ups. If as a male you can’t do the pull-ups, then going to the gym to do biceps curls makes no sense. The same rule applies to females, but females require a minimum of three pull-ups.
Many persons try to find out, which specific exercise works best with a particular muscle, this, however, is not important. Try to master the small lineup of recognized exercises first before you start worrying about splits and how you can perfect these.
Here are seven basic exercise program and you need to master at least one from each group to help build your fitness routine
- Squats: Back squats, front squats, goblet squats, and box squats.
- Hip hinge: Conventional deadlift, trap-bar deadlift, the Romanian deadlift, and sumo deadlift.
- Single-leg work: Forward lunges, reverse lunges, lateral lunges, step-ups, single-leg hip thrust, single-leg RDL, and Bulgarian split squats.
- Pushing exercises: Push-ups, landmine press, dumbbell press variations, push press, military press and bench press variations.
- Pulling exercises: Chin-ups, barbell rows, seated cable row variations, single-arm standing cable rows, chest-supported rows, and pull-ups.
- Carries: Water carries, suitcase carries (one-sided), farmer’s carry (two-sided) and cross-body carries.
- Core lifts: Roll-outs, chops, half-kneeling and tall-kneeling lifts, pall of the press, planks variations, split-stance exercises, and overhead lifts.
If you plan to stick with a full-body workout program built on the seven categories above, you will be surprised at the reaction of your body. If adding mass is your objective, then these movements will help you to use the maximum weight and deliver the training motivation your body needs to develop. If losing fat is your objective, then, of course, the movements will let you burn the maximum amount of calories and let you continue to work harder at the gym. Finally, if your objective is to become stronger and build more muscles for any future endeavors, then the movements included here are the ideal tools.
8 Weeks to gain full body strength
Following an eight-week alternation between workouts A, B, and C without any adjustments is the best way to reach your fitness goals. Maybe, you want to add an additional fourth day to your training, if that is your desire, go ahead. Be careful however and ensure that you follow the same order: ABCA/BCAB/CABC/ABCA. Consistency must be your word for the next eight weeks.