Strawberry Pretzel Salad
Looking for something sweet yet low in carbohydrates? Something that you do not want to buy from the store but are looking forward to making it yourself? Well, this is the right place for you as we discuss the easy to make yet a delicious three -layered strawberry pretzel salad. If you love strawberries and pretzels, you must try this recipe at home. In this article, let us see how we make the ever so delicious strawberry pretzel salad
Let us first have a look into the major ingredients that are required in order to make this mouth-watering dessert:
- Strawberry Jello is one of the main ingredients for this dish. The main contents of the jelly itself isgelatin, sugar, sodium citrate, adipic acid, disodium phosphate, fumaric acid, amongst others.
- The second main ingredient that gets into the making of the strawberry pretzel salad is the pretzel itself. Pretzels are nothing but snacks that are usually made of canola oil, wheat flour, as well as the dextrose.
- You can also add cool whip into the recipe. The whip comprises of water, skimmed milk. Cream, guar gums, xanthan gums, sodium caseinate, sorbitanmonostearate, beta carotene which is also found in vegetables such as carrots, etc. You also have oils such as vegetable oil or coconut oil that gets into the making of the whip.
- Other things required include brown sugar
- A few pieces of freshly cut strawberries
- Cream cheese and three fourth cups of melted butter is also required for the dessert.
Let us now see how to make the strawberry pretzel salad in the section below.
How to Make the Strawberry Pretzel Salad:
After having seen the ingredients that go into the making of the innovative and simple dessert, let us now see how you actually get the delicious dessert made:
- The first step would be to preheat the oven that shall be used for making the dessert. The temperature that should be used is usually 350 degrees.
- Take a mixing bowl and then combine the pretzels that you have to crush along with the brown sugar as well as the butter which you will have to melt first.
- Then the next step is to take a pan which shall be greased appropriately. The above mixture now needs to be evenly spread on the pan.
- After the above step, you will have to bake the mixture in the pan. The usual time that is suggested for baking is somewhere around 8 to 10 minutes.
- After the recommended time has passed, you need to let the dish cool completely.
- Now, while the dish is cooling, you can get into the preparation of the other items that go into the dish.
- Begin with preparing the strawberry jello. In the package, the directions shall be given and you are advised to follow the directions as it has been given in the packet.
- Mix the freshly cut strawberries into the jello.
- Put the mixture of fresh strawberries and jello in the refrigerator till the time the mixture is set partially.
- The next step is to mix the cream cheese and the sugar and remain beating the mixture till you get a mixture that is creamy and light in texture. Add the cool whip into the same.
- The above mixture now needs to be spread over the pretzels in such a way that the strawberry jello is in place and there is no leakage
- The jello now needs to be poured over the mixture of the cream cheese.
- Now the final mixture needs to be kept in the fridge till it is set completely. It usually takes somewhere around 2 to 3 hours in the fridge before you can actually serve it.
Your heavenly three layered dessert is now ready. You can dig into the dessert and enjoy the dish!
Remember the following while you decide to make the strawberry pretzel salad yourself:
- You can add other fruits such as a banana as well as a blueberry to give a nice fruity texture to the dessert.
- Instead of strawberries you are free to use any other kind of juice such as blackberry or a blueberry juice.
- The making of the gelatin is also very important and should be given the utmost attention to when you are getting into the preparation mode for the strawberry pretzel dessert.
- For giving the gelatin the flavour of the strawberries as required, you can also cook the fruit in water to get the desired flavour.
If you have a sweet tooth but are health conscious at the same time, the strawberry pretzel salad is your go -to recipe. This is an extremely easy dessert to make which you can easily enjoy at the leisure of your home. So, study the simple recipe and make your own innovative version of the strawberry pretzel salad today.
As is clear from the above article, the strawberry pretzel salad is not only a dish that you will love but is so simple to make that you require very little efforts if you yourself want to make it. This could be a great idea if you want to surprise your friends or family on their special day.