How to Optimize Muscle Growth in Lockdown
The human race is being tested to fight against coronavirus. Many establishments like malls, salons, parks, and gyms decided to close to mitigate the spread of the disease. Government officials in every country in the world also encourage their people to stay at home. Staying at home for an indefinite period of time can easily make a person’s body inactive and unhealthy. And this is why it is the perfect time to take care of your mind and body with healthy choices for diet and exercise.
Let us explore some of the health muscle building exercises you can do in your living room with your partner or family to strengthen your core during this lockdown period.
Warming up before any exercise is often overlooked by most people and it leads to unnecessary muscle aches and spasms after. According to Joseph Maxwell, a fitness enthusiast and a writer in Suppwise, it is important for our body to be ready to get the initial energy we need to do the exercise. One simple way to warm up our body is to simply walk or march on the spot for about 60 seconds.
The next set of our routine aims to give you a full-body workout.
Bulgarian Split Squat
This type of exercise strengthens the muscles of your legs, including the quads, hamstrings, glutes, and calves. the back leg is elevated on a high sturdy object, it could be a bench or a chair.
- Find yourself a bench or a chair or any object that you can rest your foot on.
- Keep your torso upright
- Lower your body until your thigh is almost horizontal to the ground.
- Go back to the starting position
Repeat five to ten times then swap to the other leg. Once you are comfortable with this exercise you may add weights for an additional touch.
Sliding Leg Curls
This is a lower-body strength exercise that targets hamstrings and glutes. You can do this on your own floor.
- Put a towel under your feet
- Lay your back on the ground
- Slide them back and forth and repeat several times
According to various research, push-ups are doing a great job in stimulating growth in your chest and triceps.
- Get down on all fours
- Straighten your arms and legs
- Lower your chest until it nearly touches the floor
- Then, push yourself back up
Planks are a great exercise for strengthening your muscles.
- Lie on the floor in a push-up position
- Balance your body on your elbows
- Hold the position for about 30 seconds
This exercise is popular among people as it really has provided good muscle growth, as it strengthens your abs and burns more calories.
- Lie on the floor and rest your back on the ground. Ensure that your knees are bent and feet are touching the floor
- Put your hands at the back of your head
- Lift both of your chest and your legs slightly giving a gap between them
- Go back to the starting position and repeat.
Throughout this time of uncertainty, something we have right now is the control over our health and wellbeing. So, whatever our situation right now, doing reports for work, gardening, cooking. Try to keep active, eat healthy foods, and stay hydrated.
Sarah Williams is a blogger and writer who expresses her ideas and thoughts through her writings. She loves to get engaged with the readers who are seeking for informative contents on various niches over the internet. She is a featured blogger at various high authority blogs and magazines in which she shared her research and experience with the vast online community.