Who doesn’t like the chocolate cake? It has always been everyone’s favorite since childhood. One excuse our parents might give to keep us away from the favorite chocolate cake is that too much of it might turn out to be unhealthy. What if we say you will be able to prepare a chocolate cake, a healthy one right in your home.
Now, it is a rollercoaster of emotions to play around the tablespoon of that and a pinch of this. Especially, the nervousness during the baking time, we get it. This is why we have the simplest of recipes for you. Let us check that out.
Secret Recipe 001
You can prepare this gluten-free chocolate cake with the secret ingredient black beans. Yes, black beans. We will be making this a sugar-free cake, yet a tasty one with the help of sugar-free sweeteners.
Here is a list of ingredients you should note down.
|Unseasoned black beans
|15 ounces in cooked form
|Unsalted Organic Butter/Coconut Oil
|½ cup + 2 tbsp
|Cocoa Powder (Unsweetened)
- Keep the oven to 350-degree Fahrenheit before you start the dish.
- Have a 9-inch cake pan and grease it with a bit of butter.
- Now, sprinkle the cocoa over the pan and make sure you distribute it evenly.
- Take a round parchment paper and grease it.
- You can also choose to make cupcakes.
- Rinse the beans and drain off the excess water.
- Take these beans, add three eggs, the vanilla extract with salt into the blender.
- Once the beans are liquefied, mix some cocoa powder and baking powder with it.
- Use the mixer to add the sweetener, here honey. Make sure the result is light and fluffy.
- Beat the mixture and stir in some cocoa powder and water, beat it again.
- Pop out the air bubbles. Bake the cake as a single layer, around one and bake it for 40-45 minutes.
- Remove the cake from the cooling rack and keep it to cool for 10 minutes.
- Flip over the cake from pan onto the cooling rack.
- Now, let the cake cool until room temperature and cover it with plastic wrap.
If you want the best flavor, do keep the cake overnight and then cut of the layers with a knife.
Let us not forget that we do not have to give up on the chocolate cakes when it can be healthy and homemade.