Crock Pot Honey Sesame Chicken
Well, tired of eating the same kind of stuff everyday? Craving for some home cooked meal which is different yet delicious? Now is the time to make your dinners flavorsome and amazing with the mouth-watering chicken and rice dish that has been inspired from the Asian style of cooking. All you need is a few basic ingredients that are not at all difficult to get in the market. So, let us have a look into the Crock Pot Honey Sesame Chicken recipe that is a healthier and tastier version of the regular chicken curry. So, read on as we learn to make the Crock Pot Honey Sesame Chicken in this article.
Let us begin by first having a look into the ingredients that are required for the preparation of the full of flavors dish calledcrock pot honey sesame chicken:
- Three to four pieces of chicken breasts or around eight pieces of boneless and skinless chicken thighs.
- You also require half a cup of sliced onion pieces
- Salt and pepper is required to give the dish its required flavor
- Half a cup of honey
- You also require a few cloves of minced garlic
- Half a cup of soy sauce is also needed
- A few teaspoons of cornstarch
- Ketchup for the dressing
- A few drops of vegetable oil or olive oil if you prefer using olive oil
- Red pepper flakes
- A few cups of rice
- Sesame seeds is another important ingredient that is required to prepare the dish
- A few cups of water
- Finally, you would require a few chopped scallion pieces
How to Make Crock Pot Honey Sesame Chicken:
After having seen the ingredients, let us now understand the various steps that go into the making of the Crock Pot Honey Sesame Chicken:
- The chicken first needs to be kept in a slow cooker. The same has to be seasoned with black pepper.
- Post that, you need to take a bowl that is of medium size. In this bowl, you need to mix honey, soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, tomato paste, onion powder, sesame oil, hot chili sauce, amongst others.
- The above mixture needs to be poured into the chicken that has been seasoned with black pepper. This needs to be cooked for around 4 hours and should be cooked slowly. You should keep in mind not to rush with this dish.
- Post that, the chicken has to be removed from the mixture. The chicken needs to be shredded completely
- Now, the next step is to take a bowl that is small in size and also take a few cups of water. In the water, all you need to do is to dissolve the cornstarch. Now this needs to be dissolved in the slow cooker which has the mixture in which the chicken was cooked.
- The lid has to be closed at this stage
- The gas has to be turned on a high flame and the mixture has to be cooked till the time the sauce is a little thick. It usually takes somewhere around 15 to 20 minutes for the sauce to get to its desired consistency.
- After the desired consistency of the sauce has been arrived at, you will have to take the shredded chicken and pour it in this cooker again. The chicken has to be mixed extremely well with the sauce
- Meanwhile you can also get the rice cooked in the usual manner
- Place your rice in a bowl and the sauce and the chicken has to be placed over the rice. The sesame seeds and the scallions that had been chopped as above, can be used for garnishing and also for adding those extra flavors to the dish.
Your delicious, easy to make Crock Pot Honey Sesame Chicken is now ready and you can indulge and transfer yourself into a world of amazingly delicious food.
The Crock Pot Honey Sesame Chicken is one of the simplest recipes to make. It is so delicious that it can easily become your family favorite. The recipe is sweet and delicious. However, the Crock Pot Honey Sesame Chicken is not too sweet and has that perfect combination and blend of some really amazing flavors. So, next time when you crave for eating chicken and are thinking of a recipe that is a little twist to your regular chicken curry, etc. you should definitely try making the Crock Pot Honey Sesame Chicken at home and enjoy the taste.
It is also much loved and savored. This can easily be served to the visitors who visit your home. The Crock Pot Honey Sesame Chicken will sure be enjoyed by all the chicken lovers.